PP, PE increases from Middle Eastern suppliers to SE Asia
Meanwhile, a source from a different Middle Eastern producer reported that they implemented increases of $30-60/ton on their PE prices to Southeast Asia this week. “We have limited allocation for Southeast Asia while availability is also problematic within the region due to a Malaysian producer’s upcoming maintenance shutdown. Converters in Malaysia may not be able to accept higher offers as they see disappointing demand from their customers,” the source stated. The producer’s new offers stand at $1190/ton CIF SEA, cash for LDPE film. They currently offer LLDPE film at $1200/ton CIF to Malaysia and at $1120-1130/ton CIF to the Philippines while their HDPE film offers to Malaysia stand at $1200/ton with the same terms.
In Southeast Asia, import homo-PP raffia prices are currently reported at $1000-1170/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis while import PE prices stand at $1190-1260/ton for LDPE film, at $1120-1200/ton for LLDPE film and at $1200-1250/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September