PP, PE increases from Middle Eastern suppliers to SE Asia
Meanwhile, a source from a different Middle Eastern producer reported that they implemented increases of $30-60/ton on their PE prices to Southeast Asia this week. “We have limited allocation for Southeast Asia while availability is also problematic within the region due to a Malaysian producer’s upcoming maintenance shutdown. Converters in Malaysia may not be able to accept higher offers as they see disappointing demand from their customers,” the source stated. The producer’s new offers stand at $1190/ton CIF SEA, cash for LDPE film. They currently offer LLDPE film at $1200/ton CIF to Malaysia and at $1120-1130/ton CIF to the Philippines while their HDPE film offers to Malaysia stand at $1200/ton with the same terms.
In Southeast Asia, import homo-PP raffia prices are currently reported at $1000-1170/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis while import PE prices stand at $1190-1260/ton for LDPE film, at $1120-1200/ton for LLDPE film and at $1200-1250/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019