PP prices move higher on limited supplies in Indonesia
In the local market, a domestic PP producer made three consecutive upward adjustments on their prices, raising their offers for homo-PP injection and raffia by a cumulative amount of $80-90/ton. Their prices for other homo-PP grades were also up by $40/ton for film and coating, and by $50/ton for BOPP. The producer currently offers homo-PP raffia, injection, coating and BOPP at $1310/ton, and film at $1320-1330/ton, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
Meanwhile, PP prices also witnessed some upward movement in the import market, with a major Southeast Asian producer announcing their March prices with increases of $90/ton for homo-PP and $60/ton for PP copolymer. The producer’s new prices currently stand at $1160/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia and at $1240/ton for PP block copolymer, all on a DAP Malaysia, cash basis, according to a trader. "Our supplier is feeling confident that more buyers are beginning to return to the market," the trader stated.
A woven bag manufacturer in Indonesia stated that they requested material from three separate Middle Eastern suppliers, but was unable to receive a firm quotation. The converted said, "Supply is quite tight in Indonesia and we are waiting to receive new import offers before deciding on our next purchases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year