PP, re-export PE offers from China remain in place in Vietnam
He stated that they were offered Chinese coal based homo-PP raffia and injection at $910/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We expect to see additional reductions on import PP prices as we hear that there are even lower levels in China’s local PP market,” he commented.
Overall import homo-PP raffia prices in Vietnam are currently reported at $900-920/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
For PE, the trader received offers for re-exported LLDPE film for Saudi and Southeast Asian origins at a single level of $1185/ton with the same terms. He said, “We heard that a Middle Eastern supplier offers HDPE film to Vietnam at $1130/ton CIF, which is a quite competitive level. We are not feeling confident regarding the near term outlook. Hence, we are adopting a wait and see attitude nowadays.”
In Vietnam, overall import LLDPE film prices currently stand at $1180-1190/ton CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?