PP, re-export PE offers from China remain in place in Vietnam
He stated that they were offered Chinese coal based homo-PP raffia and injection at $910/ton on a CIF Vietnam, cash basis. “We expect to see additional reductions on import PP prices as we hear that there are even lower levels in China’s local PP market,” he commented.
Overall import homo-PP raffia prices in Vietnam are currently reported at $900-920/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
For PE, the trader received offers for re-exported LLDPE film for Saudi and Southeast Asian origins at a single level of $1185/ton with the same terms. He said, “We heard that a Middle Eastern supplier offers HDPE film to Vietnam at $1130/ton CIF, which is a quite competitive level. We are not feeling confident regarding the near term outlook. Hence, we are adopting a wait and see attitude nowadays.”
In Vietnam, overall import LLDPE film prices currently stand at $1180-1190/ton CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers