PP sellers soften stance in Europe, July outlook evaluated
A distributor in France concluded some June PP deals with rollovers to decreases of €10-20/ton from May last week. “Demand hasn’t recovered while supply appears to be comfortable. We expect to see decreases of around €20-30/ton in July,” he commented.
In Germany, a distributor sold Central European and locally-held Middle Eastern PP with decreases between €10-30/ton from May this week. The seller reported lowering his prices to attract buying interest amidst slow trading activities, adding that he is doing back to back business in anticipation of decreases for July. Another distributor also applied discounts of €30/ton on his June PP deals with respect to May. The seller commented that demand is quiet and he expects to see a downward trend in July.
Several distributors in Italy concluded some June PP deals with rollovers to small decreases of €10/ton from May at the beginning of this week. One of the sellers stated that European producers aren’t stepping back from their prices and discounts are only available in the distribution market while another distributor reported hearing about new decreases for July. A converter bought some West European PP with decreases of €10/ton for June from his regular suppliers while purchasing Indian homo-PP injection from the import market with larger reductions.
Despite weak expectations for the approaching month in the downstream market, spot propylene prices on an FD NWE basis inched up at the end of last week and they are now standing above early June levels. The recent gain in propylene costs was attributed to supply problems at BASF’s PDH. However, players are not so hopeful about the short term outlook considering the return of Dow, BP and Total’s Naphtachimie crackers.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing
- Global PET markets sustain bullish run on tightness, healthy demand
- PS markets follow divergent paths in Asia and Europe