PP sellers trim initial hike requests in Europe
A distributor in Germany toned down his hike requests from €40-50/ton to €20-25/ton, bringing his most recent September offers to €1170/ton for homo-PP injection and to €1220/ton for PP block copolymer injection FD, 60 days. “We revised our initial September offers due to slow demand as buyers showed resistance to hike requests beyond €20/ton. Meanwhile, one of our West European suppliers is experiencing supply issues due to a maintenance shutdown,” he commented.
In the Netherlands, a distributor concluded some September deals for West European homo-PP with rollovers to increases of €20/ton from August at €1080-1100/ton FD, 60 days. The seller is continuing to offer West European PP block copolymer injection up €40/ton from last month at €1200/ton with the same terms. “PP offers didn’t register any significant changes in the Benelux. Demand is calm so we stepped back from our initial hike targets of €40/ton for homo-PP,” he noted. Another distributor is offering locally-held South Korean PP block copolymer injection at €1200/ton FD, 60 days while he is yet to conclude deals due to sluggish demand.
A buyer in Switzerland settled his September PP contracts up €30/ton from August for West European origins.
In Italy, a distributor is giving West European PP offers with increases of €20/ton for September even though his supplier is maintaining their hike requests of €40/ton. According to the seller, demand is stagnant. Another distributor applied increases of €30/ton on his September PP prices despite his supplier’s official hikes of €40/ton. The seller’s most recent offers are at €1110-1120/ton for homo-PP injection and at €1180/ton for PP block copolymers. “Our supplier has lifted their force majeure declaration. However, our availability is still limited for copolymers so our prices should be above €1200/ton for this product,” he reported.
A compounder received September PP offers up €20/ton from August and reported hearing about dwindling availability.
Another buyer purchased West European and locally-held non-European homo-PP injection at €1000-1020/ton on an FD basis, up €20-30/ton from last month. The buyer reported hearing talks of a Central European producer’s force majeure declaration on PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East