PS prices in SE Asia see slight gains on styrene rebound
A source from a regional producer stated that their offers for this week increased by $20/ton for GPPS and by $40/ton for HIPS when compared to last week’s done deal levels to be currently quoted at $1400/ton and $1500/ton CIF SEA, cash basis, respectively.“Styrene started to firm up on the back of slightly rising crude oil prices, but we are feeling unsure as to whether or not styrene prices will continue to increase steadily as Chinese players are on holiday due to Qing Ming festivals,” a source from the producer commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September