PTTGC, Marubeni select site for possible US ethane cracker
The companies will conduct studies for engineering design and permitting phases of the project, which are expected to be completed within 12-16 months. The final decision for the investment is slated to be made in 2016. Should the companies decide to invest in building a new ethane cracker at the site, the startup date would be approximately 2019-2020.
Sources also stated that the proposed ethane cracker would source ethane from the region’s Marcellus and Utica Shale formations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops