PTTGC granted permit for new cracker complex in US
The permit issued by the state’s Environmental Protection Agency was seen as the last major obstacle needed to be resolved before the final investment decision is made.
In January this year, PTTGC America joined South Korean-based Daelim to conduct a feasibility study and secure funding for the development of the complex. PTTGC America has already invested more than $100 million on the Ohio cracker project, which has been developing since 2015.
The project is expected to produce ethylene and its derivatives with 1.5 million tons/year capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply