PTTGC plans to invest in Thailand's Eastern Economic Corridor
The ambitious project, considered as a successor to Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard, is expected to include investment in various industries across an area of 13,285 square kilometers and boost global trade as well as economical cooperation.
Accordingly, the company will reportedly invest in several projects within the next few years. The company’s total investment in the country’s industrial center is estimated to reach around $4 billion.
PTTGC is currently working on a cracker construction project in Map Ta Phut, Thailand as part of its EEC investment plans. The cracker will be able to produce 500,000 ton/year of ethylene and 261,000 ton/year of propylene upon its completion by 2020.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP markets see upward corrections on resurgent demand
- China’s import PP, PE markets stable after weeks of declines; is the downturn over?
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs