PVC dealt higher despite flat C2 in Europe
Meanwhile, increases of €40-50/ton have already started to pass on spot PVC deals, defying the stable ethylene settlement. Suppliers in the distribution channel have already closed their deals higher amid restricted availability and mostly healthy demand.
PVC prices for most grades in Italy breached the €800/ton level on local terms, as players put it.
Stock levels on the producers’ side are extremely low due to a spate of ongoing/upcoming turnarounds or unforeseeable production hiccups. Boosted sales both in the local and export markets coinciding with the regional production outages and lower import volumes reduced overall PVC availability in the region.
A distributor reported, “Supply is tight amid Inovyn’s force majeure and a lack of US material. Kem One also has limited availability following a turnaround back in August.”
Meanwhile, a buyer reported that one of their suppliers put them on allocation as they will conduct a planned maintenance.
Sellers reported to have received a good number of orders due to pent-up demand after holidays as buyers are involved in purchases to meet their monthly requirements.
PVC producers have been recovering their margins more efficiently than other polymer producers, supported by supply tightness and robust activities in the construction sector.
Meanwhile, a formula based contract deal was closed with rollovers in line with the ethylene’s outcome. Still, PVC prices are likely to remain supported unless availability improves anytime soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe