PVC demand set to improve in March in global markets
PVC prices are expected to maintain their firming trend in the near term on the back of satisfactory demand in India and improving buying interest in Southeast Asia in line with the approaching summer season. Players are expressing their bullish expectations for March as the market activity is expected to increase in the construction and irrigation sectors.
Prior to the producer’s announcement, a distributor in India reported, “Downstream demand has already improved in line with the fading impact of the local currency’s demonetization. In our opinion, even larger increases than the previous month will be accepted for March as demand is improving and the peak season approaches.”
A similar situation is expected to occur in the Chinese PVC market in line with the expected improvement in replenishment activities now that the Chinese New Year holidays are over.
PVC demand in Europe was reported to be good on limited import flows as well as imminent cracker shutdowns. A source from a West European producer commented, “Demand has been very good and we are running our plant at full capacity to meet a surplus of orders. As for March, our expectations are bullish in line with the increasing global PVC markets.”
Sentiment for PVC remains firm over the near term based on supply constraints from Europe, hopes for a demand recovery by March and improving demand across the US.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy