PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
The major producer’s lower offers were mainly attributed to disappointing post-monsoon demand in India. Retreating spot ethylene prices along with tumbling local Asian currencies also contributed to the latest decline.
Following the major producer’s decision to cut its new offers, the weekly average of China’s import PVC market has hit a more-than-two-year low , according to ChemOrbis Price Index. The weekly average of India’s import PVC market has also slipped to its lowest levels since November 2017, data also suggest.
A South Korean producer immediately followed the footsteps of the major producer and lowered its November PVC prices to India by $40/ton .
A buyer commented, “We are surprised by the major producer’s decrease amount for November as we were expecting to see $10-20/ton of decreases in the first place. We prefer to wait and see if other suppliers will apply a similar pricing policy.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?