PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
The major producer’s lower offers were mainly attributed to disappointing post-monsoon demand in India. Retreating spot ethylene prices along with tumbling local Asian currencies also contributed to the latest decline.
Following the major producer’s decision to cut its new offers, the weekly average of China’s import PVC market has hit a more-than-two-year low , according to ChemOrbis Price Index. The weekly average of India’s import PVC market has also slipped to its lowest levels since November 2017, data also suggest.
A South Korean producer immediately followed the footsteps of the major producer and lowered its November PVC prices to India by $40/ton .
A buyer commented, “We are surprised by the major producer’s decrease amount for November as we were expecting to see $10-20/ton of decreases in the first place. We prefer to wait and see if other suppliers will apply a similar pricing policy.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices lose 25-30% globally since August
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats further on weak demand
- Export PET prices out of Asia sink to 7-month low
- Will hike targets fail in Europe's PE market?
- Initial December expectations call for rebound in India’s PVC market
- China braces for a new wave of PE capacity in 2019-2022
- Import PS markets hit almost one-year low in Asia
- Mid-Eastern producers approaching PE markets for November
- Will lower propylene cast shadow on European PP sellers’ hike intentions ?
- Global oil and petchem companies announce financial results for Q3