PVC hikes do not pause in Turkey
The import market witnessed further increases between $10-20/ton for duty free European and Mexican (with ATR document) cargos for PVC k67 when compared to last week to be reported at $940-980/ton CIF, cash. A trader reported, “Tight availability keeps Turkey’s PVC market strong. We are mulling over issuing further price hikes next week,” a trader reported.
American PVC k67 offers were steady to $35/ton higher at $860-910/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and 18.81% antidumping duty, cash equivalent. An agent of a US producer noted, “We received higher offers for December shipment cargos from our supplier based on higher European and Asian prices. We hope to shake hands with some converters soon.”
In the local market, offers were extremely scarce due to short prompt supplies with k67 prices standing at $1200-1220/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT earlier this week. “PVC k67 stocks are quite tight which caused this product to trade with a premium over k70 and k58,” players said.
Manufacturers project additional price gains over the near term as they admit, “We are struggling to find material. Some buyers called us to ask if we have extra inventories for them. The market will sustain its firmness in the coming days despite the rising dollar/TL parity and other financial issues.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East