PVC prices hit over a 2 year low in Italy
A West European producer concluded some November deals with decreases of €25-35/ton in the spot market. “For December, we think that ethylene contracts may settle down by €10-30/ton. Therefore, PVC prices may decline slightly further. If buyers are convinced that prices have reached the bottom, they may secure extra volumes next month,” a producer source reported.
A distributor sold West European PVC €30-40/ton below October. The seller anticipates rollovers to small decreases for December. A few other distributors voiced their expectations of seeing decreases of €20/ton in the PVC market next month. One of the sellers commented that the outlook is soft as he has already received lower offers from his suppliers.
Most converters have already completed their monthly purchases with decreases of €30-45/ton from last month and avoided securing large volumes due to their expectations of seeing further softening for PVC in December.
A converter settled his November gentlemen’s agreements €40/ton below last month. The buyer commented, “We expect PVC prices to decline further considering the soft upstream markets and slow demand. In addition, December will be a short month so producers will need to speed up their sales.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?