PVC prices move lower in Vietnam
The domestic producer is now offering PVC at VND21,000,000-21,200,000/ton VD Vietnam, cash ($996-1005/ton), below their initial sell ideas. The source said that buyers are still trying to negotiate for lower levels.
A converter, meanwhile, reported receiving PVC prices from a Japanese supplier at $920/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. He commented, “The supplier lowered their offers by $20/ton in line with regional decreases pioneered by a Taiwanese major. We are planning to place our bids and purchase some material if the supplier accepts our offer.” The buyer added that they were offered local PVC cargoes at VND21,100,000/ton FD, cash ($1000/ton).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia