PVC prices move lower in Vietnam
The domestic producer is now offering PVC at VND21,000,000-21,200,000/ton VD Vietnam, cash ($996-1005/ton), below their initial sell ideas. The source said that buyers are still trying to negotiate for lower levels.
A converter, meanwhile, reported receiving PVC prices from a Japanese supplier at $920/ton CIF Vietnam, cash. He commented, “The supplier lowered their offers by $20/ton in line with regional decreases pioneered by a Taiwanese major. We are planning to place our bids and purchase some material if the supplier accepts our offer.” The buyer added that they were offered local PVC cargoes at VND21,100,000/ton FD, cash ($1000/ton).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm