PVC producers in China preparing for shutdowns in May-June
Yibi Tianyuan’s acetylene-based PVC plant with a production capacity of 380,000 ton/year of PVC was shut on May 3 for 7 to 10 days.
Yangmei Hetong shut its acetylene-based PVC plant with 300,000 tons/year for maintenance on May 5 while it is expected to restart on May25.
Qilu Petrochemical will shut its 250,000 tons/year ethylene based PVC plant on May 15 for 40 days.
Baotou Haipinmian’s 400,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in mid-May.
Yidong Dongxin will shut its acetylene-based PVC plant with 300,000 tons/year capacity for maintenance in mid-May.
Henan Lianchun’s 300,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in late May.
Hebei Shenhua will shut its acetylene-based PVC plant with 260,000 tons/year capacity for maintenance in late May.
There are also several maintenance shutdowns that will take place in May; however, further details regarding the start of shutdowns and the durations are yet to be known.
Xinjiang Shenxiong will conduct maintenance at its acetylene-based PVC plant with 500,000 tons/year production capacity while Inner Shanlian will also shut its acetylene based PVC plant with a production capacity of 300,000 tons/year.
Inner Mongolia Yihua’s 300,000 tons/year capacity acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in May while Xinjiang Zhongtai will also shut its acetylene based PVC plant with 2.2 million tons/year capacity in the same month.
Sichuan Jinlu’s 240,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in May along with the Yili Chemical’s 500,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant.
Meanwhile, the maintenance shutdown at Anwei Huasu’s acetylene-based PVC plant with a production capacity of 460,000 ton/year was postponed to June from May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers