PVC producers in China preparing for shutdowns in May-June
Yibi Tianyuan’s acetylene-based PVC plant with a production capacity of 380,000 ton/year of PVC was shut on May 3 for 7 to 10 days.
Yangmei Hetong shut its acetylene-based PVC plant with 300,000 tons/year for maintenance on May 5 while it is expected to restart on May25.
Qilu Petrochemical will shut its 250,000 tons/year ethylene based PVC plant on May 15 for 40 days.
Baotou Haipinmian’s 400,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in mid-May.
Yidong Dongxin will shut its acetylene-based PVC plant with 300,000 tons/year capacity for maintenance in mid-May.
Henan Lianchun’s 300,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in late May.
Hebei Shenhua will shut its acetylene-based PVC plant with 260,000 tons/year capacity for maintenance in late May.
There are also several maintenance shutdowns that will take place in May; however, further details regarding the start of shutdowns and the durations are yet to be known.
Xinjiang Shenxiong will conduct maintenance at its acetylene-based PVC plant with 500,000 tons/year production capacity while Inner Shanlian will also shut its acetylene based PVC plant with a production capacity of 300,000 tons/year.
Inner Mongolia Yihua’s 300,000 tons/year capacity acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in May while Xinjiang Zhongtai will also shut its acetylene based PVC plant with 2.2 million tons/year capacity in the same month.
Sichuan Jinlu’s 240,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant will be shut in May along with the Yili Chemical’s 500,000 tons/year acetylene based PVC plant.
Meanwhile, the maintenance shutdown at Anwei Huasu’s acetylene-based PVC plant with a production capacity of 460,000 ton/year was postponed to June from May.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets