PVC suppliers follow Taiwanese major’s Dec hikes in Asia
A second Taiwanese producer also increased their offers by $25-30/ton to China and Southeast Asia and by $10/ton to India, bringing their new prices to $970/ton CFR China/CIF SEA, cash and to $1000/ton CIF India, cash. “We were able to conclude some deals at our new levels,” a producer source commented.
In Southeast Asia, initial Japanese PVC offers for December emerged higher at $980-990/ton CIF, cash this week. A trader commented, “Japanese suppliers’ quotas are still limited and this explains their firm stance. However, we believe that buyers will be reluctant to accept higher levels in the face of their slow end product business.”
A source from an Indonesian producer reported that they also followed suit by implementing increases of $30-40/ton on their December offers to regional markets. Their PVC offers currently stand at $970/ton CIF SEA, cash basis. “We are open to negotiations on our new levels,” the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019