PVC suppliers follow Taiwanese major’s Dec hikes in Asia
A second Taiwanese producer also increased their offers by $25-30/ton to China and Southeast Asia and by $10/ton to India, bringing their new prices to $970/ton CFR China/CIF SEA, cash and to $1000/ton CIF India, cash. “We were able to conclude some deals at our new levels,” a producer source commented.
In Southeast Asia, initial Japanese PVC offers for December emerged higher at $980-990/ton CIF, cash this week. A trader commented, “Japanese suppliers’ quotas are still limited and this explains their firm stance. However, we believe that buyers will be reluctant to accept higher levels in the face of their slow end product business.”
A source from an Indonesian producer reported that they also followed suit by implementing increases of $30-40/ton on their December offers to regional markets. Their PVC offers currently stand at $970/ton CIF SEA, cash basis. “We are open to negotiations on our new levels,” the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends