PVC suppliers follow Taiwanese major’s Dec hikes in Asia
A second Taiwanese producer also increased their offers by $25-30/ton to China and Southeast Asia and by $10/ton to India, bringing their new prices to $970/ton CFR China/CIF SEA, cash and to $1000/ton CIF India, cash. “We were able to conclude some deals at our new levels,” a producer source commented.
In Southeast Asia, initial Japanese PVC offers for December emerged higher at $980-990/ton CIF, cash this week. A trader commented, “Japanese suppliers’ quotas are still limited and this explains their firm stance. However, we believe that buyers will be reluctant to accept higher levels in the face of their slow end product business.”
A source from an Indonesian producer reported that they also followed suit by implementing increases of $30-40/ton on their December offers to regional markets. Their PVC offers currently stand at $970/ton CIF SEA, cash basis. “We are open to negotiations on our new levels,” the source added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets