PX contract settles for November in Europe
Meanwhile, the October PX contract has yet to be fully settled in Europe. There were two settlements for October in Europe at €985/ton ($1227/ton) and €975/ton ($1215/ton) FD NWE.
In Europe, spot paraxylene prices have decreased $5/ton week over week to be currently quoted at around $950/ton on an FOB ARA basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets