Pakistan mulls building naphtha cracker
Currently, Pakistan has to import all its petrochemical feedstock from international markets as it does not have a naphtha cracker complex. Thus, the country’s projected naphtha cracker complex is expected to boost economic progress, enabling the country to be less dependent on imports, reports indicated.
In line with the initial plan, Pakistan Chemical Manufacturing Association (PCMA) has been asked to prepare a feasibility report and a business plan in cooperation with market experts and technologists to put the project into practice.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December