Pakistan mulls building naphtha cracker
Currently, Pakistan has to import all its petrochemical feedstock from international markets as it does not have a naphtha cracker complex. Thus, the country’s projected naphtha cracker complex is expected to boost economic progress, enabling the country to be less dependent on imports, reports indicated.
In line with the initial plan, Pakistan Chemical Manufacturing Association (PCMA) has been asked to prepare a feasibility report and a business plan in cooperation with market experts and technologists to put the project into practice.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June
- European PS, ABS under pressure from upstream markets