Pertamina nominated as project operator of new refinery
The reports revealed that the partner selection process is expected to be completed by late 2017 after the bankable feasibility study is completed soon. The reports also indicated that the construction is expected to start in 2019 while the whole project, which is worth $13 billion, is expected to be complete by 2023.
The new refinery will reportedly have an oil production capacity of 300,000 barrels/day and be located near the Bontang LNG refinery operated by PT Badak NGL, Pertamina’s affiliation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?