Pertamina nominated as project operator of new refinery
The reports revealed that the partner selection process is expected to be completed by late 2017 after the bankable feasibility study is completed soon. The reports also indicated that the construction is expected to start in 2019 while the whole project, which is worth $13 billion, is expected to be complete by 2023.
The new refinery will reportedly have an oil production capacity of 300,000 barrels/day and be located near the Bontang LNG refinery operated by PT Badak NGL, Pertamina’s affiliation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops