Pertamina nominated as project operator of new refinery
The reports revealed that the partner selection process is expected to be completed by late 2017 after the bankable feasibility study is completed soon. The reports also indicated that the construction is expected to start in 2019 while the whole project, which is worth $13 billion, is expected to be complete by 2023.
The new refinery will reportedly have an oil production capacity of 300,000 barrels/day and be located near the Bontang LNG refinery operated by PT Badak NGL, Pertamina’s affiliation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures