Pertamina nominated as project operator of new refinery
The reports revealed that the partner selection process is expected to be completed by late 2017 after the bankable feasibility study is completed soon. The reports also indicated that the construction is expected to start in 2019 while the whole project, which is worth $13 billion, is expected to be complete by 2023.
The new refinery will reportedly have an oil production capacity of 300,000 barrels/day and be located near the Bontang LNG refinery operated by PT Badak NGL, Pertamina’s affiliation.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines