Petchem industry in US Gulf Coast faces with Tropical Storm Sally
Meanwhile, tropical Storm Sally is expected to make a landfall across US Gulf Coast on Tuesday as a Category 2 storm, according to the National Hurricane Center (NHC). Even though it is too early to determine where the center of the storm will exactly move, hurricane warnings have been issued from a few states including Louisiana, Mississippi and New Orleans, it added.
Eyes are now on whether or not the petrochemical facilities will take yet another blow by the approaching Sally, which may reportedly cause heavy rains and flooding in the area.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets