Petchem players meet at 11th GPCA Forum in Dubai
The region’s chemicals and petrochemicals industry including production capacity, sales revenue, employment figures and trade were discussed and evaluated during the forum. Low oil prices, diminishing availability of advantaged gas feedstock and reduced profitability were the main discussion issues among players as they heavily dominated this year.
“The three C’s - competitiveness, challenges and changes— will pave the way to future growth in the region. Asia is emerging as a competitive region and challenging the Arabian Gulf petrochemical industry to change and become more efficient and innovative. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The competitive landscape is shifting beneath our feet. The fundamentals are changing – not only for the GCC, but for the customer as well,” said Yousef al-Benyan, chairman of GPCA.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins