Petchem players meet at 11th GPCA Forum in Dubai
The region’s chemicals and petrochemicals industry including production capacity, sales revenue, employment figures and trade were discussed and evaluated during the forum. Low oil prices, diminishing availability of advantaged gas feedstock and reduced profitability were the main discussion issues among players as they heavily dominated this year.
“The three C’s - competitiveness, challenges and changes— will pave the way to future growth in the region. Asia is emerging as a competitive region and challenging the Arabian Gulf petrochemical industry to change and become more efficient and innovative. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The competitive landscape is shifting beneath our feet. The fundamentals are changing – not only for the GCC, but for the customer as well,” said Yousef al-Benyan, chairman of GPCA.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East