Petchems allowed to operate during Malaysia’s renewed lockdown
Other sectors such as the food and beverage supply chains, healthcare, and oil and gas have also been classified as essential services.
The country’s king has declared a nationwide emergency amid a spike in COVID-19 cases. It reported a record 3,309 new cases on Tuesday and since first detected on January 25 last year, the country has had around 140,000 cases and more than 500 deaths.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon
- PP sellers trim May offers further, prices hit 3-month low in Europe