Petkim announces financial results for Jan-Sep period of 2014
The company reported a net profit of 2.5 million Turkish liras for the January-September period of this year, a sharp decrease when compared to the 48.5 million Turkish Lira profit reported by the company for the same period of 2013. The company blamed ongoing decreases in crude oil and petrochemicals prices for their weaker financial results.
In the first nine months of this year, the company’s production decreased 15% to reach 1.8 million tons while its capacity utilization rate also declined to 74.2% from the utilization rate of 83.3% posted in the same period of 2013. However, Petkim’s net sales in the January- September period increased 10% to 3.3 billion Turkish Liras when compared to the same period of the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June