Petkim plans to buy stake in STAR refinery
The discussions include Petkim’s acquisition of the 12-14% stake of Rafineri Holding, which currently owns 60% of the refinery project as a 100% subsidiary of Socar Turkey Enerji A.S. Accordingly, Petkim aims to own a 7-9% share in the Star refinery, the reports indicated.
The Star Refinery will reportedly produce 1.66 million tons/year of naphtha for use by Petkim’s oil and chemical complex and refine Azeri Light, Kerkuk and URAL oil.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers