Petkim plans to buy stake in STAR refinery
The discussions include Petkim’s acquisition of the 12-14% stake of Rafineri Holding, which currently owns 60% of the refinery project as a 100% subsidiary of Socar Turkey Enerji A.S. Accordingly, Petkim aims to own a 7-9% share in the Star refinery, the reports indicated.
The Star Refinery will reportedly produce 1.66 million tons/year of naphtha for use by Petkim’s oil and chemical complex and refine Azeri Light, Kerkuk and URAL oil.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s monthly PE imports poised to shrink below 1 million tons
- December PP, PE offers emerge lower in China, SE Asia
- Turkey's recycled market hit hardest by lira's freefall
- Will Europe’s PE market manage to defy pressure in December?
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December