Petkim plans to buy stake in STAR refinery
The discussions include Petkim’s acquisition of the 12-14% stake of Rafineri Holding, which currently owns 60% of the refinery project as a 100% subsidiary of Socar Turkey Enerji A.S. Accordingly, Petkim aims to own a 7-9% share in the Star refinery, the reports indicated.
The Star Refinery will reportedly produce 1.66 million tons/year of naphtha for use by Petkim’s oil and chemical complex and refine Azeri Light, Kerkuk and URAL oil.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins