Petkim plans to buy stake in STAR refinery
The discussions include Petkim’s acquisition of the 12-14% stake of Rafineri Holding, which currently owns 60% of the refinery project as a 100% subsidiary of Socar Turkey Enerji A.S. Accordingly, Petkim aims to own a 7-9% share in the Star refinery, the reports indicated.
The Star Refinery will reportedly produce 1.66 million tons/year of naphtha for use by Petkim’s oil and chemical complex and refine Azeri Light, Kerkuk and URAL oil.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe