Petkim shuts cracker, little impact on downstream
This shutdown at the ethylene cracker is not expected to have a major impact on the downstream production, according to the source. “We continue our deliveries for our derivatives smoothly despite the upstream outage. We are planning to fix it soon anyways,” he added.
The producer has a 350,000 tons/year LDPE plant, 96,000 tons/year HDPE plant, 144,000 tons/year PP plant and 150,000 tons/year PVC plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull