Petkim to issue bonds in quest of shares in STAR refinery
The company will use the amount from the floatation to purchase stakes and become an indirect shareholder in the STAR Refinery, which is being constructed by Azerbaijan’s state –owned company SOCAR, according to the announcement.
Petkim was previously reported to be aiming a total share of around 7-9% in the $5.6 billion refinery. However, it is also noted in the announcement that the shareholding percentages previously stated are likely to vary.
The STAR refinery will reportedly reduce the dependency on foreign oil products in Turkey upon its start-up by 2018.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?