PetroChina builds six lines for mask production
This investment came in line with the company’s aim to meet rising demand for surgical face masks and to cover for mask shortages due to the highly infectious COVID-19. At the time of writing, more than 85,000 people have been infected around the globe, with death toll nearing to 3,000 in China.
PetroChina plans to operate 21 production lines for surgical masks in total, while its production capacity will reach 1.5 million per/day once all lines come on stream, market sources revealed.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan