PetroChina’s net income drops to 5 year low in 2014
However, the company’s sales rose 1.1% on the year to 2.28 trillion Yuan ($367 billion) in 2014. On the production side, oil and gas production increased 3.6% to 1.45 billion barrels of oil equivalent (bpd) in 2014.
In the face of weaker crude oil costs, the company has decided to cut its capital spending for 2015 to 266 billion Yuan ($43 billion), down 8.8% from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil