PetroChina’s profit in Q1 2015 hits record low
PetroChina’s operating profit declined 73.4% to CNY13.9 billion ($2.23 billion) while sales fell 22% to CNY 410.3 billion ($66 billion) in the first three months ending in March. According to the statement, PetroChina’s chemical business contracted to CNY1.3 billion ($209.4 million) compared with CNY4.2 billion ($675.5 million) in the same period of 2014. However, the company’s ethylene output climbed 7.9% to reach 1.3 million tons in the January- March period.
Upstream, the company’s oil and gas production increased 4.9% to reach 381.2 million barrels of oil equivalent in the first three months while its refining segment posted an operating loss of CNY3.8 billion ($612 million) in January-March period after posting CNY2 billion ($322.3 million) in same period of the preceding year.
According to Bloomberg, PetroChina’s profit may decline 47% to CNY56.6 billion in 2015; however the company reportedly expects improved earnings this year in line with recovering crude oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops