PetroVietnam buys Vinachem's stake in Long Son Petrochemicals
Long Son’s proposed $4.6 billion petrochemical complex project is now at the stage of preparation and it is expected to be online in the second quarter of 2019. The Long Son complex will house a 1.4 million tons/year steam cracker with downstream PE, PP and VCM units. Most of its output is planned to be sold in the domestic market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons