Petrobras to sell PET, PTA plants to Alpek
The subsidiaries to be sold have a combined production capacity of 700,000 tons/year of PTA and 450,000 tons/year of PET.
Alpek, which is based in Mexico and has a production capacity of 5.6 million tons/year, is expected to obtain a stronger position in Brazil with this acquisition, along with the polystyrene plant it operates in the country.
The talks between Petrobras and Alpek about the sales of these petrochemical units had started last August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt