Petrobras to sell PET, PTA plants to Alpek
The subsidiaries to be sold have a combined production capacity of 700,000 tons/year of PTA and 450,000 tons/year of PET.
Alpek, which is based in Mexico and has a production capacity of 5.6 million tons/year, is expected to obtain a stronger position in Brazil with this acquisition, along with the polystyrene plant it operates in the country.
The talks between Petrobras and Alpek about the sales of these petrochemical units had started last August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years