Petrobras to sell PET, PTA plants to Alpek
The subsidiaries to be sold have a combined production capacity of 700,000 tons/year of PTA and 450,000 tons/year of PET.
Alpek, which is based in Mexico and has a production capacity of 5.6 million tons/year, is expected to obtain a stronger position in Brazil with this acquisition, along with the polystyrene plant it operates in the country.
The talks between Petrobras and Alpek about the sales of these petrochemical units had started last August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons