Petrobras to sell PET, PTA plants to Alpek
The subsidiaries to be sold have a combined production capacity of 700,000 tons/year of PTA and 450,000 tons/year of PET.
Alpek, which is based in Mexico and has a production capacity of 5.6 million tons/year, is expected to obtain a stronger position in Brazil with this acquisition, along with the polystyrene plant it operates in the country.
The talks between Petrobras and Alpek about the sales of these petrochemical units had started last August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles