Petronas: PIC to come online as scheduled
PIC has reportedly achieved 77% completion and is poised for its start-up by the first quarter of 2019.
The company had previously launched two major facilities to provide gas and electricity for the refinery and petrochemical plants at the PIC project, namely Regasification Terminal 2 (RGT2) and Pengerang Co-generation Plant (PCP).
The company also stated that the project was not affected by volatile crude prices and the pricing issues regarding LNG.
The project, which is expected to generate RM8.3 billion ($1.95 billion) in gross national income by 2020, will reportedly increase the country’s refinery capacity by 300,000 b/d to 955,000 b/d.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness