Petronas and Saudi Aramco to proceed with RAPID deal
However, Malaysian Second Finance Minister recently stated that the multi-billion deal is expected to be concluded soon as the companies are nearing the end of the negotiations.
RAPID includes a refinery, a cracker and a downstream chemical complex with a production capacity of 7.7 million tons/year. The refinery was last reported be completed by 77% and was slated to commence operations by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia