Petronas and Saudi Aramco to proceed with RAPID deal
However, Malaysian Second Finance Minister recently stated that the multi-billion deal is expected to be concluded soon as the companies are nearing the end of the negotiations.
RAPID includes a refinery, a cracker and a downstream chemical complex with a production capacity of 7.7 million tons/year. The refinery was last reported be completed by 77% and was slated to commence operations by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull