Petronas and Saudi Aramco to proceed with RAPID deal
However, Malaysian Second Finance Minister recently stated that the multi-billion deal is expected to be concluded soon as the companies are nearing the end of the negotiations.
RAPID includes a refinery, a cracker and a downstream chemical complex with a production capacity of 7.7 million tons/year. The refinery was last reported be completed by 77% and was slated to commence operations by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- West African PP, PE markets remain strong in October
- European players evaluate impact of energy surcharge on polymer markets
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets