Petronas and Saudi Aramco to proceed with RAPID deal
However, Malaysian Second Finance Minister recently stated that the multi-billion deal is expected to be concluded soon as the companies are nearing the end of the negotiations.
RAPID includes a refinery, a cracker and a downstream chemical complex with a production capacity of 7.7 million tons/year. The refinery was last reported be completed by 77% and was slated to commence operations by 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year