Petronas purchases companies involved in RAPID project
Under the acquisition, the three companies will become Petronas Chemical’s wholly-owned subsidiaries while Petronas Chemicals will take on the assets and the liabilities of the companies, which are said to be worth around $110 million (MYR470.52 million).
The RAPID complex will house a 300,000 barrels/day refinery and a petrochemical complex which will have a total production capacity of 7.7 million tons/year. The project is expected to be fully commissioned by the middle of 2019. Petronas Chemicals reportedly stated that following the acquisition, they still plan to source feedstock from PRPC’s refinery and cracker located within the planned complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low