Petronas selects Lyondellbasell’s technology for RAPID project
The PP plant’s engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) stage is expected to start in November 2015 while the plant is planned to be mechanically available in July, 2018.
In a statement, it was also reported that the $27 billion RAPID project will enable the company to produce a wide range of specialty chemicals and differentiated PP products to be used in many application areas from automotive to household products and to improve their position in Asian markets.
The RAPID complex will house a 300,000 barrels/day refinery and a petrochemical complex which will have a total production capacity of 7.7 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm