Petronas to use LyondellBasell technology in RAPID project
The reports revealed that the company selected LyondellBasell’s technology because of its ability to produce high quality film and pipe products, which will increase their chances of being able to meet the increasing demand for specialty petrochemical products in the region.
The RAPID project started in 2015 and it will have a production capacity of 900,000 tons year of PP, 350,000 tons/year of metallocene LLDPE and 300,000 tons/year of PE 100.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high