Petronas to use LyondellBasell technology in RAPID project
The reports revealed that the company selected LyondellBasell’s technology because of its ability to produce high quality film and pipe products, which will increase their chances of being able to meet the increasing demand for specialty petrochemical products in the region.
The RAPID project started in 2015 and it will have a production capacity of 900,000 tons year of PP, 350,000 tons/year of metallocene LLDPE and 300,000 tons/year of PE 100.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains