Philippine buyer: Local producer lifts PE prices
The buyer reported that the domestic producer applied weekly increases of PHP2000-3000/ton ($140-210/ton) on their LLDPE and HDPE film offers, bringing their new prices to PHP69000/ton ($1234/ton without VAT).
He commented, “Buyers are not interested in higher offers as they found the current levels to be too high to accept. Many players have already left their desks for holidays and factories are expected to remain shut until January. Traditionally, demand picks up due to replenishment activities after the New Year and Christmas holidays, yet it may be different this year as the Chinese New Year will begin soon after players return to their desks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops