Philippine buyer: Local producer lifts PE prices
The buyer reported that the domestic producer applied weekly increases of PHP2000-3000/ton ($140-210/ton) on their LLDPE and HDPE film offers, bringing their new prices to PHP69000/ton ($1234/ton without VAT).
He commented, “Buyers are not interested in higher offers as they found the current levels to be too high to accept. Many players have already left their desks for holidays and factories are expected to remain shut until January. Traditionally, demand picks up due to replenishment activities after the New Year and Christmas holidays, yet it may be different this year as the Chinese New Year will begin soon after players return to their desks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows