Philippine buyer: Local producer lifts PE prices
The buyer reported that the domestic producer applied weekly increases of PHP2000-3000/ton ($140-210/ton) on their LLDPE and HDPE film offers, bringing their new prices to PHP69000/ton ($1234/ton without VAT).
He commented, “Buyers are not interested in higher offers as they found the current levels to be too high to accept. Many players have already left their desks for holidays and factories are expected to remain shut until January. Traditionally, demand picks up due to replenishment activities after the New Year and Christmas holidays, yet it may be different this year as the Chinese New Year will begin soon after players return to their desks.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019