Philippine players: Local LLDPE supplies tight
A converter commented, “LLDPE supplies are quite limited in the local market. We received an offer for Thai material, but we found it to be too high to accept. Hence, we continue to limit our purchases to our immediate needs. We believe that sentiment will shift despite tight availability as crude oil prices have started to give softer signals following the Doha meeting.”
Another converter stated, “Demand for our end products is regular. However, we are currently concerned about availability issues for LLDPE film. We have sufficient stocks until the end of May, but after that we will need to replenish our stocks. A local producer has very limited supplies at the moment due to reduced rates at one of their production lines.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia