Philippine players: local PVC prices move higher
A pipe manufacturer reported that they received higher prices from a local producer at PHP50000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1006/ton without VAT). He stated, “We are not planning to purchase from the local market. Instead, we will wait to see new offers from Thailand.”
Another converter, who manufactures PVC sheets, reported purchasing 200 tons of PVC from the same producer at PHP50000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1006/ton without VAT). According to him, the producer’s new offer level indicates an increase of around PHP3000/ton ($67/ton) when compared to March. The buyer said, “Local supplies are sufficient while firmer upstream costs are pushing prices higher.”
According to a trader, a local producer raised their PVC prices by around PHP500/ton ($11/ton) to PHP48500-49000/ton FD Philippines, cash including VAT ($976-986/ton without VAT). “Demand remains stable while supplies are regular. We feel that local PVC prices still have room to move higher over the near term,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East