Philippine players: local PVC prices move higher
A pipe manufacturer reported that they received higher prices from a local producer at PHP50000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1006/ton without VAT). He stated, “We are not planning to purchase from the local market. Instead, we will wait to see new offers from Thailand.”
Another converter, who manufactures PVC sheets, reported purchasing 200 tons of PVC from the same producer at PHP50000/ton FD, cash inc VAT ($1006/ton without VAT). According to him, the producer’s new offer level indicates an increase of around PHP3000/ton ($67/ton) when compared to March. The buyer said, “Local supplies are sufficient while firmer upstream costs are pushing prices higher.”
According to a trader, a local producer raised their PVC prices by around PHP500/ton ($11/ton) to PHP48500-49000/ton FD Philippines, cash including VAT ($976-986/ton without VAT). “Demand remains stable while supplies are regular. We feel that local PVC prices still have room to move higher over the near term,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use