Philippines’ Sept exports post sharpest decline in four years
Exports sales declined to $4.405 billion in September from $5.846 billion in the same month of 2014. In the first nine months, meanwhile, exports declined 6.9% to $43.746 billion from$46.976 billion in a year earlier.
Exports from manufacturing industry declined 23.6% to $3.8 billion from $5 billion in the same month of 2014 while exports for petroleum products slumped 83.7% to $13.7 million in September from a year earlier.
The Philippines’ primary export destination was Japan, with export revenue amounting to $905.84 million, which represented a slump of 47.7% from $1.733 billion in September 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount