Philippines and EU to enter free trade talks
The EU’s recent move to launch free trade ties with Philippines is a part of the bloc’s efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In 2007, the European Commission had been authorized to begin free trade talks with ASEAN countries; however the parties were unable to reach common ground. In 2009, however, the EU decided to resume talks separately. The EU had already concluded free trade negotiations with Singapore and Vietnam while it is currently negotiating with Malaysia and Thailand as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns