Philippines and EU to enter free trade talks
The EU’s recent move to launch free trade ties with Philippines is a part of the bloc’s efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In 2007, the European Commission had been authorized to begin free trade talks with ASEAN countries; however the parties were unable to reach common ground. In 2009, however, the EU decided to resume talks separately. The EU had already concluded free trade negotiations with Singapore and Vietnam while it is currently negotiating with Malaysia and Thailand as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount