Philippines and EU to enter free trade talks
The EU’s recent move to launch free trade ties with Philippines is a part of the bloc’s efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In 2007, the European Commission had been authorized to begin free trade talks with ASEAN countries; however the parties were unable to reach common ground. In 2009, however, the EU decided to resume talks separately. The EU had already concluded free trade negotiations with Singapore and Vietnam while it is currently negotiating with Malaysia and Thailand as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?