Philippines and EU to enter free trade talks
The EU’s recent move to launch free trade ties with Philippines is a part of the bloc’s efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In 2007, the European Commission had been authorized to begin free trade talks with ASEAN countries; however the parties were unable to reach common ground. In 2009, however, the EU decided to resume talks separately. The EU had already concluded free trade negotiations with Singapore and Vietnam while it is currently negotiating with Malaysia and Thailand as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year