Philippines and EU to enter free trade talks
The EU’s recent move to launch free trade ties with Philippines is a part of the bloc’s efforts to strengthen bilateral relations with the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In 2007, the European Commission had been authorized to begin free trade talks with ASEAN countries; however the parties were unable to reach common ground. In 2009, however, the EU decided to resume talks separately. The EU had already concluded free trade negotiations with Singapore and Vietnam while it is currently negotiating with Malaysia and Thailand as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers