Philippines’ local PP, PE markets move higher
According to players, the producer’s PP raffia prices currently stand at PHP75,000/ton ($1323/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash equivalent basis inc VAT. As for PE, local LLDPE and HDPE film prices are quoted at PHP76,000/ton ($1340/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
A trader commented, “The producer’s HDPE increase is in line with our expectations based on the ongoing tightness. However, we were surprised to see such hikes for LLDPE and PP.”
A converter also said, “Trading activities in our end-product markets are yet to recover and we weren’t expecting to see such visible increases in local PP and PE offers. We are planning to limit our purchases according to our immediate needs.”
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveal that the weekly average of local HDPE film prices in the Philippines has recently reached its highest level since July 2015, standing above LLDPE film prices for the past month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe