Philippines’ local PP, PE markets move higher
According to players, the producer’s PP raffia prices currently stand at PHP75,000/ton ($1323/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash equivalent basis inc VAT. As for PE, local LLDPE and HDPE film prices are quoted at PHP76,000/ton ($1340/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
A trader commented, “The producer’s HDPE increase is in line with our expectations based on the ongoing tightness. However, we were surprised to see such hikes for LLDPE and PP.”
A converter also said, “Trading activities in our end-product markets are yet to recover and we weren’t expecting to see such visible increases in local PP and PE offers. We are planning to limit our purchases according to our immediate needs.”
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveal that the weekly average of local HDPE film prices in the Philippines has recently reached its highest level since July 2015, standing above LLDPE film prices for the past month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets