Philippines’ local PP, PE markets move higher
According to players, the producer’s PP raffia prices currently stand at PHP75,000/ton ($1323/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash equivalent basis inc VAT. As for PE, local LLDPE and HDPE film prices are quoted at PHP76,000/ton ($1340/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
A trader commented, “The producer’s HDPE increase is in line with our expectations based on the ongoing tightness. However, we were surprised to see such hikes for LLDPE and PP.”
A converter also said, “Trading activities in our end-product markets are yet to recover and we weren’t expecting to see such visible increases in local PP and PE offers. We are planning to limit our purchases according to our immediate needs.”
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveal that the weekly average of local HDPE film prices in the Philippines has recently reached its highest level since July 2015, standing above LLDPE film prices for the past month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand pressure casts cloud on PVC hikes in Türkiye
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe