Philippines’ local PP, PE markets move higher
According to players, the producer’s PP raffia prices currently stand at PHP75,000/ton ($1323/ton without VAT) on an FD, cash equivalent basis inc VAT. As for PE, local LLDPE and HDPE film prices are quoted at PHP76,000/ton ($1340/ton without VAT) with the same terms.
A trader commented, “The producer’s HDPE increase is in line with our expectations based on the ongoing tightness. However, we were surprised to see such hikes for LLDPE and PP.”
A converter also said, “Trading activities in our end-product markets are yet to recover and we weren’t expecting to see such visible increases in local PP and PE offers. We are planning to limit our purchases according to our immediate needs.”
Meanwhile, data from ChemOrbis Price Index reveal that the weekly average of local HDPE film prices in the Philippines has recently reached its highest level since July 2015, standing above LLDPE film prices for the past month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What will October unfold for Turkey’s PE markets?
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels