Philippines to join China’s proposed infrastructure bank
The Philippines’ Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima reportedly said that they see the AIIB as “promising institution" that could boost economic growth. According to Purisima, the bank will also open the way for new investments and close financing gaps in many countries.
So far, many countries around the world including the UK, Germany, Italy and South Korea have joined the AIIB, which is seen as potential rival to the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?