Plasticizers - Europe December 2017
The price ranges for December stand at €1260-1400/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1240-1350/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of West European material sold his December volumes at stable prices after stepping back from his initial hike requests of €20/ton. The seller said, “We have noticed that buying interest for this month is weak as buyers prefer to keep their stocks low ahead of the holiday lull. As for the January outlook, the outcome of the propylene contracts will set the tone of the market trend.” Another supplier, who sold his December material with rollovers to €10/ton increases, started to offer Korean DOTP with increases of €20/ton for January. The seller also expects hikes in DINP and DIDP prices in line with firmer expectations for the next propylene contract settlement.
On the buyers’ side, converters wrapped up their December deals mainly with rollovers while they voiced expectations for a firmer trend in January. A buyer commented, “We expect DINP and DIDP prices to post some increases as propylene contracts might settle higher. As for DOTP, we have already received some offers from South Korea with hikes of up to €50/ton from December levels as prices in Asia are on an upward trend.” Another buyer reported receiving a January offer for South Korean DOTP with small increases of €20/ton, expecting similar hike requests for DINP and DIDP prices.
In the import market, Turkish DOTP was traded within the range of €1175-1220/ton on DDP, 60 days. Converters showed interest in Turkish cargoes as they found these levels workable.
Locally held DOTP from South Korea, meanwhile, was sold at €1240-1300/ton DDP, 60 days.
As for January, expectations are widely calling for a firmer trend in line with the anticipations for a higher propylene outcome for January. Meanwhile, DOTP prices have already posted some increases of €20-50/ton for January while DINP and DIDP are expected to follow suit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows