Plasticizers - Europe December 2017
The price ranges for December stand at €1260-1400/ton for DINP and DIDP and at €1240-1350/ton for DOTP, FD, 60 days.
A distributor of West European material sold his December volumes at stable prices after stepping back from his initial hike requests of €20/ton. The seller said, “We have noticed that buying interest for this month is weak as buyers prefer to keep their stocks low ahead of the holiday lull. As for the January outlook, the outcome of the propylene contracts will set the tone of the market trend.” Another supplier, who sold his December material with rollovers to €10/ton increases, started to offer Korean DOTP with increases of €20/ton for January. The seller also expects hikes in DINP and DIDP prices in line with firmer expectations for the next propylene contract settlement.
On the buyers’ side, converters wrapped up their December deals mainly with rollovers while they voiced expectations for a firmer trend in January. A buyer commented, “We expect DINP and DIDP prices to post some increases as propylene contracts might settle higher. As for DOTP, we have already received some offers from South Korea with hikes of up to €50/ton from December levels as prices in Asia are on an upward trend.” Another buyer reported receiving a January offer for South Korean DOTP with small increases of €20/ton, expecting similar hike requests for DINP and DIDP prices.
In the import market, Turkish DOTP was traded within the range of €1175-1220/ton on DDP, 60 days. Converters showed interest in Turkish cargoes as they found these levels workable.
Locally held DOTP from South Korea, meanwhile, was sold at €1240-1300/ton DDP, 60 days.
As for January, expectations are widely calling for a firmer trend in line with the anticipations for a higher propylene outcome for January. Meanwhile, DOTP prices have already posted some increases of €20-50/ton for January while DINP and DIDP are expected to follow suit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period