Players: Average PET operating rates around 60-70% in China
Meanwhile, Huarun Huadong is planning to restart a 400,000 tons/year line by the end of the week, which would bring operating rates at its 1 million tons/year facility to around 70%. Elsewhere, Jiangsu Sanfangxiang is reportedly running its 1.5 million tons/year PET plant at around 50-60% of capacity while Hainan Yisheng is running its 1 million tons/year plant at 70% of capacity.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?