Players: Indian producer raises local PVC prices
A converter in the packaging sector reported receiving a higher price from the producer. He said, “A domestic producer firmed up their prices following the recent gains in import offers. However, we are still maintaining our cautious stance on our purchases as demand is still not that strong. We do not expect to see any major changes in PVC pricing over the near term.”
A trader also confirmed that they were offered local PVC from the same producer with an increase of INR1000/ton. He said, “The producer raised their prices as a major Taiwanese producer as well as a South Korean producer managed to sell out their February import quotas to India. We are seeing good demand and we think that buying interest is beginning to pick up. Prices are likely to follow a relatively stable trend for the near term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets