Players: Indian producer raises local PVC prices
A converter in the packaging sector reported receiving a higher price from the producer. He said, “A domestic producer firmed up their prices following the recent gains in import offers. However, we are still maintaining our cautious stance on our purchases as demand is still not that strong. We do not expect to see any major changes in PVC pricing over the near term.”
A trader also confirmed that they were offered local PVC from the same producer with an increase of INR1000/ton. He said, “The producer raised their prices as a major Taiwanese producer as well as a South Korean producer managed to sell out their February import quotas to India. We are seeing good demand and we think that buying interest is beginning to pick up. Prices are likely to follow a relatively stable trend for the near term.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?